Network Engineer Jobs for Women
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with operating enterprise class routers and switches.
- Experience with network hardware (routers, switches) architectures, including backplane and ASIC functionality and distributed architectures.
- Experience with Python or other scripting language.
- Knowledge of networking and application protocols like Ethernet, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, and HTTP.
- Familiarity with concepts of OpenFlow and software defined networking.
About the job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
The Network Engineering team operates Google's corporate network reliably and at scale. You will be a network engineer, managing and supporting both traditional and software defined networking (SDN) space.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Participate in rotating on-call or interrupts schedule with other members of the team, including weekends. Support multi-vendor, open flow SDN-based IPv4/v6 network, including both wired and wireless connectivity.
- Identify, define, and update operational requirements to adopt technology into operations in collaboration with Engineering, Architecture, and Developers.
- Identify network operational and implementation issues and determine/recommend appropriate solutions in partnership with Engineering, Operations, Deployment, and Developers.
- Create, maintain, and review operational and deployment best practices across teams.
- Drive efficiencies through automation and perform code reviews.