About the role:
As a Staff Engineer - Systems , you will focus on building and architecting next-generation
platform services for Freshworks with your strong background in distributed systems and
mentor your team to achieve this.You will have an opportunity to redefine customer
experiences by building systems that are milli-second efficient, always available and working
at internet scale. If you are the kind of engineer who is passionate about building systems,
have a good eye for analysis and a mind that can think outside the box, we want to talk to
Do you wanna take on solving some cool and complex Distributed-Systems/Big-Data
problems at scale?
At Freshworks are building next gen CRM, Support & IT Automation, Sales & Marketing
SaaS products/services & related platform/Foundation-services - for the Small and
Mid-market customers across the globe. We have about 32K+ customers (Small/Medium
size Organizations) across 140 countries, with ~10 SaaS product offerings.
We also deal with 20TB of logs/day – where we have some really cool and interesting
problems to solve with our Search / Relevance Engineering. We deal with ~1B Messages
with ~300K/Min and ~5B conversations with ~6M/Day – where our Chat, Bot and Messaging
solutions have to deal with competing with the best in the world. On Data Engineering and
Analytics side we have some complex problems to solve with the rate at which we are
growing in dealing with challenges like ~5M Db Reads/min, ~700K reqs/Min, 600M users
and pushing the limits of Cloud Services
The Freshworks (FW) Engineering Platforms today, broadly serves as a key stakeholder to
the FW product teams, developers and the customers. The Freshworks platform enables
developers, partners, and customers to customize, integrate, and automate business
workflows for support, CRM, and IT use cases. The very purpose of the FW Platforms team
is to build efficiency, bring in agility into product development, enable services to scale and
improve performance, and thereby provide a seamless experience to our customers. In
order to achieve this, the Platforms teams work very closely with our internal stakeholders
and align to their goals - the Product teams, the Customer facing teams(Sales, Customer
Success, Onboarding teams). Some of the key themes include providing a “Unified
Freshworks Experience”, being mid-market ready and providing smart analytics. This group
is looking for a Lead Systems Engineer who is a very optimised solution oriented with a
vision of the impact of the code in the overall software development life cycle.
Our System engineers build the APIs / Services / Features to support these complex
scenarios and seamlessly scale and perform for current and future rapid growth we are
experiencing. We work in solving some of the problems as common
platform/foundation-services engineering where we take on problems across products from
building SSO, Containerization, Reliable deployment working in Agile mode. Our engineering
takes pride in delivering some inspiring and fresh experiences for our customers and their
As a Staff Systems Engineer you will design, architect and implement multi-tier (DB,
services, and the web) software applications, and document, test, fix and enhance systems
In your agile team, you will closely work with engineers, architects, managers, design, QA
and operations teams, and create solutions that meet business requirements. You will spend
most of your time developing clean code with limited abstraction. In this role, you will also
lead and mentor team members across functions. You will also be implementing and
supporting compliance to Freshworks compliance and information security processes.
- Lead teams to deliver scalable, low latency, and cost-efficient solutions for our
- Strive to continually deliver a seamless and intuitive platform for developers to build on.
- Build innovative solutions from scratch and liaise with architects and engineers from other
product teams to build solutions and drive adoption.
- Establish and continue to raise the bar for engineering excellence by always looking for
avenues for improvements in performance, scalability, usability and continuous deployment
aspects of the platform.
- Keep an eye out for technology trends, open-source projects that can be leveraged.
- Be hands-on, and lead a high-performance engineering team by example.
- Implement and support compliance with self and team to Freshworks compliance and
information security processes.
- Background in Engineering with sound oral and written communication skills
- At least 9+years of experience with end-end architecture ownership of small to
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Accomplished at maintainable programming
- Expert level experience with Java/Spring
- Expertise in data structures and algorithms
- Extensive knowledge of Linux environments
- Advanced understanding of OOPS.
- Experience building large-scale performance services
- Experience troubleshooting in a SaaS environment with an assertive deployment schedule
Core Java, Linux, OOPS
Missing any skill? Learn it now
Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad
Rs. 25-27 Lacs
IT Hardware/ Technical Support/ Telecom Engineering
IT-Hardware & Networking
14 Sep 2021