About the job
The Product Costing Senior Specialist in COE -Product Costing is responsible for:
- Manages product costing COE activities for all entities covering multiple BU’s for a specific region assigned for ex- South Asia Pacific, North America’s etc.
- Coordinate and assign work to specialists / transactional officers to ensure product costing activities in scope are performed accurately & timely.
- Monitor COE performance for the region assigned and conform to service delivery levels
- Linking pin to plant/site controllers, ISC FP&A, R2R, Accounting Controllers
- Involve experts/process champions in specific topics related to product costing where deep knowledge/ expertise is needed.
- Identifies improvements and initiates improvement projects
- Ensure control and compliance as per defined framework.
- Provide and monitor development plans for the team members.
- Responsible for all operational activities regarding product costing as per RACI in scope for COE for the specific region supported and be the first point of contact for the regional stakeholders.
- Coordinate and assign work to specialists / transactional officers to ensure accurate and timely performance of product costing activities for the region supported.
- Ensure all activities performed as per activity timelines with required quality and service delivery KPI’s met.
- Responsible for and advises on operational complex and judgement-based product costing related activities
- Provide expert support & guidance to the team to navigate complex process issues and problems, perform final reviews of output,
- Drive compliance with rules and regulations mainly accounting policies related to inventory, product costing, transfer pricing along with other applicable accounting policies and treatments.
- Drive standardization and quality to achieve process efficiencies.
- Identify and signal recurring issues for further process improvement
- Harmonizes processes between team members, and initiates documentation of and adherence to these new processes.
- Manages performance of the team that meets established requirements of quality, quantity, completeness and timeliness
- Support Product costing team lead/ COE Lead in liaising with various business stakeholders mainly ISC.
- Accounting professional preferably cost accounting background with 8-10 years of experience mainly in handling costing activities for a manufacturing organization
- Professional Degree in Accounting or Costing (ACA, ICWA, CMA, similar)
- Expertise in cost accounting and understanding of Financial / ERP systems,
- SAP expertise is must. Should have hands on experience in handling product costing activities in SAP, able to fix basic system issues/ support complex issues etc.
- Experience in working in a COE/ shared services/ international work environment supporting multiple time zones/countries preferred. Flexible to work in shifts.
- Ability to communicate effectively with counterparties in the organization, is a flexible team member.
- Good organizational skills, able to plan, set priorities and work under time pressure to meet deadlines while keeping ‘an eye’ for the details.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement agenda in a COE set up for costing activities
- Ability to work and delegate work under severe time pressure to meet critical timelines and continuously retain ‘an eye’ for the details
- Previous team handling experience in and able to plan, coordinate and assign work to specialists
- Be able to develop and manage a team and engage team members.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint software
- (Equivalent profile accepted)
Product Management, SAP
Missing any skill? Learn it now
Rs. 6,00,000-8,00,000 Lacs
Accounts/ Finance/ Tax/ Company Secretary/ Audit
IT-Software / Software Services