About the job
About the Role:
We are looking for a Data Scientist in our PayU Payments Team
About the team:
Our data science team develops machine learning technologies to improve payment and credit products based on hundreds of millions of transactions in India. This role is with the PayU India Payments team, with specific focus on Digital Insights from PayU Payments data for various use cases. PayU Payments data has emerged as a powerful source of information. Example use cases are:
- Building an Underwriting model for NTC population for a banking partner
- Building affluence scorecard for a food merchant
- Building generic and custom models for risk, digital engagement, affluence, fraud etc.
- Building knowledge graph-based solutions to search and store customer data
Joining our data science team offers you the chance to make a difference for millions of people and businesses in a rapidly growing market. Advances in AI are changing the conditions to build a successful financial business. They also underpin the growth of virtually every fintech business in the world. Therefore, PayU is building out its AI capabilities and will continue to do so in the coming years. You will be able to help shape the AI efforts at PayU in India and beyond
Excited yet? Continue reading to find out more about the role:
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop insights to identify opportunities and drive product strategies. Gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas.
- Partner with product teams to define goals and identify key metrics for existing features and new releases
- Build automated dashboards and reports, craft analyses and tell stories with data to help our teams make better decisions
- Drive awareness and understanding of key metrics and experiment results
- Monitor the performance of new features and recommend iterations based on your findings
- Partner with design, engineering, and operations to scope features that solve user problems
What are we looking for?
- A degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or other similar quantitative field from a premier institute
- Possesses a mix of business and analytics skills
- Should have 3+ year work experience as a Data scientist, preferably in marketing analytics/credit risk domains
- Good experience in building machine learning models and in Python/R and SQL
- Experienced in distributed computing frameworks such as Spark
- Should have technical & project execution leadership experience
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and demonstrated focus for customer satisfaction
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to understand and execute complex analysis
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills. Ability to function in a high volume setting with tight deadlines
- High-energy individual with a go-getter instinct and positive attitude.
- Should be a great teammate who promotes knowledge-sharing
- Execute Data Science projects for building best-in-class models/solutions for the Data Intelligence Practice @ PayU.
- Lead client engagements for Data Intelligence practice, from PoC execution to production deployment
- Work closely with PayU internal partners (e.g. Business and Technology teams) to design and implement the optimal DS solutions
- Opportunity to work on exceptional projects using cutting edge technology in a big data environment
- (Equivalent profile accepted)
Python, SQL, Spark
Missing any skill? Learn it now
Bangalore, Gurgaon, Mumbai
Rs. 6,00,000-18,00,000 Lacs
IT Software - eCommerce/ Internet Technologies
IT-Software / Software Services