Cloud Technical Solutions Engineer, Google Cloud SQL Jobs for Women
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or equivalent practical experience in technical support, professional services, or software development.
- Experience designing and managing PostgreSQL/MySQL/MS SQL server databases with a focus on performance, security, scalability, reliability, high-availability, and disaster recovery.
- Experience with cloud based storage, developer tools, core data structures, and related concepts.
- Experience migrating mission-critical database applications from on-premise to cloud or running a hybrid cloud environment for enterprises.
- Experience with SQL database administration, Google App Engine, open source software communities, cloud networking solutions, and/or distributed computing technology.
- Experience working in a dynamic organization with extensive cross-collaboration across functions.
- Experience in technical consulting on database design and architecture supporting large enterprise customers with high SLO requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding/debug experience on distributed applications or microservices in a cloud based environment (Docker, Kubernetes).
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
In this role, you'll troubleshoot problems with debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and coding/scripting. Our teams focused on the customer, and you'll help drive the success of Google Cloud by understanding and advocating for our customers’ issues.
This role requires working in a shift pattern or non-standard work hours as required. This may include weekend work.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Manage customer problems through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools. Advocate for customer needs with cross-functional teams, including product and engineering teams, to find ways to improve the product, and drive high-quality production.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Google's product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, and determining the root cause for customer reported issues.
- Identify customer pain-points proactively and help improve customer self-service models through tools, documentation, guidelines, etc.
- Develop relationships with key enterprise customers and engage with them to address issues and recommend best practices. Help customers perform experiments and scale with different settings to tune their Google Cloud SQL instances.
- Work as part of a team of Engineers/Consultants that globally ensure 24-hour customer support. This will include a need to sometimes work non-standard work hours or shifts.