● Bachelors degree required.
● 6+ years of Java experience in back end server-side software development.
● Experience with MySQL or similar relational databases
● Experience with API design
● Experience with JUnit, TestNG, or other Java-based test frameworks
● Understanding of build systems and Software version control, preferably Git
● Experienced in the day-to-day practicalities of Software Development Lifecycles such as
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
● Experience with microservices, preferably Spring Boot
● Python scripting experience
● Complex API interactions from single page application frontend.
● Designing and implementing payment gateway integrations that will be processing
thousands of transactions a second.
● Taking ownership of the features/components you work on - from development through
deployment and verification, to setting up production monitoring.
● Must be able to write highly reliable code.
● Future proof of our payment services through scalability and re-design of key components as
necessary such as migration from SQL to NoSQL.
● Refactor code to be more maintainable and testable.
● Test-driven development and unit testing.
● Designing and implementing REST APIs for mobile and web clients including our payment
devices, web dashboard, and 3rd party apps.
● Identifying technical requirements in product meetings and assisting the business team with
realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into
functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives
● Owning your merchant-facing services /features from development through deployment and
● Working with the Infrastructure Team to design data models to support large-scale highly
● Developing new features, investigating/reproducing/resolving bugs
● Writing automated tests for new web features and update existing tests as needed.
● Being a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in a strong product setting.
● Following Agile SDLC, participating in planning and Scrumban boards.
● Performing production support services as part of a regular on-call rotation.