Developer Relations Engineer, Data Analytics Jobs for Women
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of software development experience through coding in a general purpose programming language.
- Experience writing libraries and tools used by Ruby, PHP, and/or C# developers.
- Experience participating in online platforms (such as Open Source platforms, StackOverflow).
- Experience working with third party developer tools such as documentation, APIs, SDKs, and client libraries.
- Experience developing on a cloud computing platform, including full-stack or back-end application development experience
About the job
The Data Analytics Developer Relations Engineering (DRE) team is part of the Engineering team within the Developer Relations (DevRel) organization. We are responsible for crafting the developer experience for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) developers in the Data Analytics space, including BigQuery, Pub/Sub, and others. We produce open source client libraries, code samples, tutorials, and other developer-focused artifacts to help external developers be successful on GCP, and engage with product engineering teams to help them understand the developer experience as a critical part of the platform. We support hundreds of APIs across multiple languages, and provide the first interaction many developers will have with Google's platform. Our goal is to provide delightful language idiomatic experiences to developers across the world.
As a Developer Relations Engineer (DRE) on the Data Analytics team, you will focus on BigQuery and Pub/Sub, write sample code, tools and client libraries, and work with product engineering teams to improve our products by conveying feedback from developers, reviewing API designs, and testing new features. Your work will focus on Ruby, PHP, and/or C# languages.
- Build idiomatic SDKs/client libraries, samples and other developer tools in Ruby, PHP and/or C# to improve the developer experience of using Google’s platforms and APIs.
- Partner with product-aligned engineering teams to understand and improve the developer experience of our Google Cloud BigQuery and Pub/Sub client libraries.
- Engage and manage the online open source communities relating to Google Cloud platforms.
- Assist third-party developers in troubleshooting their integrations with Google APIs and use of other Google developer products.