Dubizzle is the biggest online classifieds marketplace in the UAE. They believe in honesty, ownership and innovation. The platform handles millions of requests per day and continuous integration, auto-scaled rolling releases, event-driven microservice architectures are all part of the daily gig.
Dubizzle "Squads" are high performing x-functional teams set with a mission to provide win-win exchanges for our beloved users. We believe engineers are central to the problem discovery process, which is why we let teams own the "what and how" of their respective missions.
We are here to bring on digital disruption and to build the best platform the Middle East has ever seen!
As a Senior Software Engineer (Python) you will liaises with the other backend and frontend engineers within your product stream, the QA team, the design team and your Tech Team Leads. As a senior member of the team, you will be responsible for advancing our development stack and ensuring scale as we grow to millions of monthly active users across many countries.
Job Role: Senior iOS Engineer
In this role, you will:
- Write clean, architecturally sound and maintainable code.
- Maintain the current iOS apps by fixing bugs and improving application performance.
- Work with the other iOS engineers to create a seamless app.
- Deliver features in tight deadlines.
- Create a multiple-language mobile app for the entire middle east.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create, design and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, include edge cases, usability and reliability.
- Work with our testing team to ensure 100% test coverage.
- Discover and implement the newest technologies
- Mentor and guide other developers in the team
- Impact the direction and scope of Dubizzle's technical vision within your stream
- Experiment with new mobile development technologies
- Research and apply new industry trends as part of your daily work
- Gain a detailed understanding of the complete architecture of our product and the position of your product stream in it
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science ( preferred )
- A diverse portfolio of previously built iOS Apps.
- Have published at least one or more iOS App to the market.
- Lots of experience with third party libraries and APIs
- A deep understanding of Cocoa-touch
- A good understanding of swift.
- You can talk all day about Core data, Core Animation and Core Graphics.
- Current knowledge of mobile architecture, landscape, trends and emerging markets.
- A solid understanding of RESTful applications.
- A solid understanding of the different caching techniques you can apply when developing a mobile app.
- A solid understanding of how to create data structures and ORM.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and SCRUM.
- You understand git commands and have a GitHub or BitBucket account.
- The ability to create world leading beautiful and elegant user interfaces.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A fast paced, high performing team.
- Multicultural environment with over 40 different nationalities
- Competitive Tax-free Salary
- Comprehensive Health insurance
- Annual Air Ticket Allowance
- Employee discounts at multiple vendors across the emirates
- Rewards & Recognitions
- Learning & Development opportunities