IAM Java Lead should have the ability to drastically improve application functioning within a business through speed and scalability of their solutions. The day-to-day tasks vary depending on the level of ownership over one application or many. That being said, many lead developers find themselves working beyond programming and take part in the full software development lifecycle. This gives Java developers the opportunity to practice DevOps by researching and suggesting alternative methods and technologies to achieve end goals. In general, they will be responsible to:
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain java application phases, code, and software.
- Conduct software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging, as well as recommending changes to improve the established processes.
- Transform requirements into stipulations and identify production and non-production application issues
Skills of a Great Lead Developer
Java is an influential computing language that has many linguistic descendants including Python, Scala, and PHP. There is some expectation that Java developers stay abreast of new language developments, and propose or incorporate innovation wherever they see fit. A senior level Java Lead developer may be responsible for overseeing a core development team. With that in mind, it is good for a Java developer to work on enhancing their leadership and teambuilding skills. There are some essential skills that every good Java developer should have:
- Patience and perseverance to overcome challenges, solve problems, and learn new computer languages and techniques.
- Strong in variety of designs, languages, and methodologies (e.g. SQL, ORM, J2EE, RabbitMQ, Microservices, Agile and Scrum)
- Competence and comfort using multiple frameworks (e.g. Spark, Storm, Hadoop, Angular 2/4/5, Spring Boot)
- Ability to gather accurate requirements and work closely with stakeholders to prioritize tasks and the scope of development.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify errors and make adjustments in a testing environment.
- Java, J2EE, SQL, ORM, J2EE, RabbitMQ, Microservices, Agile and Scrum
- Framework - Spark, Storm, Hadoop, Angular 2/4/5, Spring Boot, HTML5 and CSS3
- Micro-services and API framework and development
- Strong design and implementation skills
- DevOps, CI/CD
- LDAP and/or Active Directory
- Familiar with Application Security best practices
- IAM product knowledge like Ping, CyberArk Identity Products
Experience: Senior Level
- Ideally would be nice for 10+ years of experience in related field
- Can handle the entire software development life cycle, end to end
- Lead others, or others look to for guidance.
- Can self-manage projects