About the job
Production Support Engineer will, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary Production Support team, be responsible for the deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting, automating and maintenance of critical enterprise application platforms in production.
- Have strong troubleshooting skills and leads the path to root cause identification; makes recommendations for long-term resolution of problems across platform.
- Involve in various change deployments for application enhancements/to fix issues reported by downstream or end users.
- Support in resolution of incidents and problems within the team. Assisting with the resolution of complex incidents. Ensuring that the right problem-solving techniques and processes are applied.
- Recommends strategies for process and monitoring improvement.
- Performs deep dive application review and provide feedback to enhance the quality of application code artifacts.
- Experience in working on service delivery process including Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management.
- Solid experience as application production support Engineer in a 24x7 uptime environment, including automation experience in Unix, PL/SQL scripting.
- Strong understanding of different operating systems like RedHat Linux, AIX, Solaris, SUSE Linux, etc.
- Understanding of various types of schedulers like unix crontab, control-M, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, DB2 and Oracle databases.
- Strong understanding of end-to-end application support process and escalation procedures and should be conversant with all support tools that are used to provide effective support in service operation.
- Hands on scripting experience using shell, PL/SQL and perl scripting languages for automation purpose.
- Experience with log parsing technologies like Splunk, etc.
- Experience with tools like App Dynamics, vrops etc.
- 3-5+ years total engineering, production support and administration or similar experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must be ready to work in shifts and over weekends whenever required.
- (Equivalent profile accepted)
SQL, Splunk, Incident Management, Oracle, Unix, change management
Missing any skill? Learn it now
IT Software - Application Programming/ Maintenance
IT-Software / Software Services