About Swiss Re
The Swiss Re Group is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the Swiss Re Group is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the Swiss Re Group operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Team
- We are a team of experienced business analysts and software engineers, spread across multiple locations around the globe, being responsible for the MDM function at Swiss Re.
- We are responsible for driving all stages of software development including business analysis, solution design, application architecture, development, testing, roll-out and operational management for nearly 1000 master and reference data sets.
- We are the main contact for our internal clients and business partners in regards to the MDM processes and knowledge.
- We own and operate a modern Master Data Management (MDM) technical stack using a diverse range of software products and technologies.
About the Role
- You would be working with internal business partners across the globe to analyse their business processes and functional requirements and translate them into solution architecture blueprints and technical specifications, for the development squad.
- Participate in regular software development sprints/releases, including communication with clients and other interfacing applications/teams, coordination with testing teams and end user trainings. Incorporate user feedback into the product backlog for constant improvements and seek to minimise/repay technical debt.
- You will be required to own and handle incidents, problems and change requests for the data engineering platforms under your ownership.
- Proactively collaborate with various internal/external partners and software product vendors to identify new technical improvement opportunities. Design, develop, test, implement and maintain the various modules within the MDM platform.
- A bachelor's degree in information management or computer science or equivalent
- Over 3+ years of working experience as a Software Engineer, preferably in a data function (MDM, Data-Warehouse, Data Governance, Meta-Data, Data Catalog etc.).
- Marvelous social skills and a good grasp of the English language (spoken and written). Strong story telling skills (using MS PowerPoint etc.) are an added advantage!
- Problem solving comes naturally to you. With your outstanding analytical skills, you consider multiple dimensions and perspectives before arriving at the most optimum solutions to the challenge at hand.
- Proficient in database design and development (Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL, Azure SQL etc.) Solid experience with data integration platforms, using ETL/batch jobs and Web Services (REST/SOAP). Working experience with the Azure stack of products is a bonus (incl. but not limited to Azure Data Factory, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Azure SQL DB etc.)
- It is an added benefit if you have worked in a MDM team/function before. Development expertise on TIBCO Orchestra EBX MDM is a great advantage!
- A phenomenal teammate, with experience working in an agile software development environment (SCRUM).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.