About the job
About the team:
This role is with the PayU India Payments team, with specific focus on Digital Insights from PayU Payments data for various use cases. PayU Payments data has emerged as a powerful source of information. Example use cases are:
- Building an Underwriting model for NTC population for a banking partner
- Building affluence scorecard for a food merchant
- Building generic and custom models for risk, digital engagement, affluence, fraud etc.
- Building knowledge graph-based solutions to search and store customer data
Joining our data science team offers you the chance to make a difference for millions of people and businesses in a rapidly growing market. Advances in AI are changing the conditions to build a successful financial business. They also underpin the growth of virtually every fintech business in the world. Therefore, PayU is building out its AI capabilities and will continue to do so in the coming years. You will be able to help shape the AI efforts at PayU in India and beyond.
Excited yet? Continue reading to find out more about the role:
What you’ll be doing:
- Building, maintaining, and monitoring sustainable infrastructure with a focus on developing and maintaining high-volume, low-latency data platforms using latest opensource frameworks, highly available RESTful services, and back-end Cloud based/open source systems
- Execute day to day operation of the data platform to ensure top-notch performance of data platform systems for customer-facing applications
- Work on features to make the data Platform more robust and resilient
- Drive automation of application deployment for production environments
- Identify and support areas for process and efficiency improvement within platform operations
- Taking ownership of your projects, and have the work in small cross functional teams to drive projects to closure
What are we looking for?
- BE/B-Tech/BS/Meng/MSc in computer science or a related technical field from top-tier colleges or equivalent practical experience
- 2-3+ years of experience working on platform infrastructure based on Cloud and open-source systems and automation.
- Very Fluent in at least one programming language (Python preferred)
- Strong database skills on MySQL, Postgres or Oracle.
- Experienced in NoSQL databases (experience with MongoDB is a plus)’
- Experienced in API integrations with third party APIs (Django/Flask/Falcon/web2py, etc)
- Hands-on experience with 3 or more of the following technologies:
- Cloud Computing (Any of AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Monitoring/Logging frameworks (ELK, Grafana)
- Scalable Compute solutions (Kafka, Snowflake)
- Workflow management libraries and tools (Airflow/AWS Step Function)
- Container orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- Code-as-Infrastructure/Pipeline-as-Code (Terraform/Chef/Ansible/Jenkins)
- Ability to learn and work with emerging technologies, and solutions in Cloud/Open Source frameworks
- Cares deeply about good engineering practices including testing, code hygiene and development tooling
- Highly collaborative with a strong belief in continuous improvement.
- Ability to stay focused and calm in a fast-paced environment.
- (Equivalent profile accepted)
Python, big data, cloud
Missing any skill? Learn it now
Bangalore, Gurgaon, Mumbai
Rs. 6,00,000-10,00,000 Lacs
IT Software - eCommerce/ Internet Technologies
IT-Software / Software Services