The Importance of Diversity in the workplace is acknowledged by everyone. For a healthy performance-oriented culture, organisations need the right mix of talent which is not bound by gender. However, the challenge that they face is how to make diversity work and have an organisation where everyone feels a sense of belongingness and a place where they can bring their complete self to work. Ascend is our Gender Sensitisation Program, aimed at sensitising employees on gender-related issues by helping them understand gender differences and enabling them to take an approach that is responsive to gender differences and relations between genders, be it colleagues, clients, or partners.
The goal of gender sensitisation is to address issues in gender equality and encourage participants to pursue solutions to build a safe workplace for all genders.
The program includes a positive and gender-intelligent organisational culture, growth, and progress of women leaders and also deals with lower levels of gender conflict and harassment.
Elements of the workshop include
The topic is approached with the SEEDS Model and explores our biases based on:
|1||Introduction and Icebreaker - Purpose of the workshop - Learning objectives||15 minutes|
ASCEND : Diversity a Competitive edge Relation between Diversity, Equity Inclusion and Belongingness and its impact on Business profitability
- Making gender sensitisation a core competitive advantage
|3||ASCEND your Unconscious Bias|
- What is unconscious Bias and why it matters to your career & Business - Overcoming Unconscious Bias with respect to gender
- Case study – Returnee women management case study
- OUTCOME: Tips and real stories on how to handle unconscious bias
|4||ASCEND to integrate at workplace (in break out group exercise)|
- Understanding the Motivation and behaviours of different groups of women (single, married, trans-women) - Identify inappropriate responses and behaviour in self and others when dealing with gender difference
- Learn to address and resolve biases and discrimination at work-place
- Build synergetic alliances and support systems
- OUTCOME: Action plan for what will be addressed in the team management
|5||Reflections and closure||15 minutes|
Attending Evolve helped me thinking to put together an action plan for myself.
The LEAD Program was an eye opener. The training gave me a new perspective about Authentic Leadership
Open conversations, sharing of views, learning from experiences of other participants - the three aspects I appreciated most about the Step Up Program
The women leadership program gave all participants a platform to connect with their own selves. I believe this connect and understanding of concepts will help me in the longer run, both personally and professionally